Living in-the-moment has become more of our “new normal,” at least for the foreseeable future. This presents a great time to practice mindfulness; paying attention to the here and now with curiosity, patience and compassion. We’re learning to collaborate with our lives and be with our experiences rather than resisting or fighting them.
The benefits of mindfulness include managing anxiety and reducing stress, improving the brain’s capacity for decision making and emotional regulation and tapping into joy with agility and flexibility while focusing on pleasant experiences.
Make mindfulness part of your daily wellness routine by creating a list of fun activities to enjoy with family and friends. Here are a few suggestions:
- Get in touch with your inner chef – Dust off your cooking skills and pick a healthy new recipe to try each week. Go for plant-based food to get the maximum amount of nutritional value.
- Hobbies – Pick up an old interest or try something brand new. From scrapbooking or gardening to learning to code, explore your passion.
- Enjoy some fresh air – Refresh your senses while boosting your physical and mental well-being by going for a walk. Whether it is around the block or a favourite hiking trail, you’ll feel invigorated when done.
- “Me” time – Quiet the mind and body with a bubble bath (or bath bomb) combined with your favourite podcast or playlist. Take it up a notch and reserve a spa treatment. Sun Tree Spa is open and ready to welcome you!
- Staycation – Create a summer vacation experience in your own backyard. With so many great outdoor summer activities in Moosejaw, coupled with stores and local restaurants to explore, why not come and spend a few days downtown? We can’t wait to see you!*
Find our summer specials here.
*The safety of our guests and staff are our top priority. Please be assured that we are following all provincial guidelines to make your stay the very best. Find out more about our cleaning and safety standards.